By D. Zhang (Eds.)
Advances in Filament Yarn Spinning of Textiles and Polymers experiences the differing kinds of spinning concepts for man made polymer-based fibers, and concerns equivalent to their impact on fiber homes, together with soften, dry, rainy, and gel spinning.
Synthetic polymer-based fibers are utilized in a very good number of purchaser and commercial cloth functions starting from garments to domestic furniture to surgeries. This e-book explores how a wide range of spinning options should be utilized within the fabric undefined. half one considers the elemental constitution and houses of fibers that ensure their habit in the course of spinning. The booklet then discusses advancements in applied sciences for production man made polymer movies to provide assorted fibers with really good houses. half specializes in spinning options, together with the advantages and barriers of soften spinning and using gel spinning to provide high-strength and high-elastic fibers. those chapters concentration particularly on advancements in bi-component, bi-constituent, and electro-spinning, specifically the fabrication of nanocomposite fibers. the ultimate chapters assessment built-in composite spinning of yarns and the foundations of rainy and dry spinning.
This assortment is a crucial reference for quite a lot of commercial cloth technologists, together with spinners, textile and garment brands, and scholars of cloth expertise. it's also of significant curiosity for polymer scientists.
- Reviews the various spinning options and concerns comparable to their impression on fiber homes, together with soften, dry, rainy, and gel spinning
- Considers the elemental constitution and houses of fibers that make sure their habit in the course of spinning
- Reviews built-in composite spinning of yarns and the rules of rainy and dry spinning
Read or Download Advances in Filament Yarn Spinning of Textiles and Polymers PDF
Similar needlecrafts & textile crafts books
Crocheting turns into a breeze with this craft advisor to making various remarkable wearable tasks. nice for all ability degrees, the booklet teaches the way to learn a crochet development and gives step by step easy sew drawings and diagrams. the nineteen easy-to-make goods contain scarves, hats, cardigans, cowls, fingerless gloves, a handbag, and extra.
This must-have path publications you step-by-step in the course of the fundamentals of quiltmaking, from establishing your stitching house to binding and completing your first duvet. Classroom-tested classes draw on best-selling writer Harriet Hargrave's decades of training adventure.
A extraordinary welding booklet exploring the sensible and ornamental features of welding, with an emphasis at the hardworking initiatives most well liked with critical workshop lovers. It comprises details on instruments and fabrics, steel fundamentals, constructing store, protection, welding and slicing tactics, but in addition comprises dozens of plans for metalwork tasks.
- Sew Fabulous Fabric
- Star Struck Quilts
- Diane Fitzgerald's Favorite Beading Projects Designs from Stringing to Beadweaving
- Crocodile Stitch Afghans
- 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects
- The Filet Crochet Book
Additional resources for Advances in Filament Yarn Spinning of Textiles and Polymers
5) (Keller and Kolnaar, 1997). The spherulites size is related to the number of nucleation sites existing in the material, which mainly depends on the cooling kinetics, the presence of nucleating agents, and on the type of germination. In a spinning application, taking this behaviour into account is very important because the objective is to obtain a strongly anisotropic structure in order to optimize the mechanical properties of the yarn. The orientation of an isotropic polymer in the solid state consists in aligning the polymer macromolecules parallel to the direction of the main mechanical stress, leading to a material with a higher degree of anisotropy due to the chain orientation (Ajji and Dumoulin, 2006).
2(5): pp. 1421–1429. Salem, D. (2001), Future view of structure formation in polymeric fibres. Sen-I Gakkaishi. 57(1): pp. P31–P31. M. (2005), Polymeric and inorganic fibres. Advances in Polymer Science, Berlin, New York: Springer. vi, 168 p. , Chen, N. and Li, L. (2012), Structure evolution of melt-spun poly(vinyl alcohol) fibres during hot-drawing. Journal of Applied Polymer Science. 124(1): pp. 421–428. Monobe, K. (April 1979), Fundamental approach for fibre formation of crystalline polymers.
0 negligible and apparent viscosity reaches a relatively low value, independent of the shear rate. Taking into account the very strong shear rates associated with the spinning of a polymer through dies, understanding of the rheological behaviour of the material to control the processing parameters is of critical importance. As each polymer has its own rheological characteristics, it is necessary to finely adjust the processing parameters to optimize the final properties of the yarn. Shear rates, which have a direct impact on the production speed of the yarns, are also extremely important since they appreciably modify the viscoelastic properties of the liquid polymer.
Advances in Filament Yarn Spinning of Textiles and Polymers by D. Zhang (Eds.)
Categories: Needlecrafts Textile Crafts